With the current Halloween event in Call of Duty Warzone and Black Ops: Cold War comes an onslaught of new challenges to complete. If you want to collect the huge range of Halloween-themed cosmetic items, emblems and calling cards, there are currently nine challenges in Warzone and nine challenges in Cold War. If you play across both games, there are 18 unique rewards to collect, including a new Cold War arcade game and a new weapon blueprint for Warzone.
One challenge that players are struggling with, though, is Open 5 Scare Packages in Multiplayer or Zombies. Keep reading to find out what all the challenges and rewards are, and how to find five Scare Packages.
Haunting Scare Packages – Where to open 5 packages
The Scare Packages required to complete this frustrating challenge are available in both Multiplayer and Zombies within Cold War. From player reports, it seems that they are more frequent in Zombies, so if you’re really struggling in Multiplayer, it might be worth playing a few Zombies rounds just for the challenge.
What is a Scare Package?
A Scare Package is actually just a reskinned Care Package, an item which can be called in using the Care Package Scorestreak. You’ll know it’s a Scare Package because, in true Halloween style, it has its very own costume. Pumpkin orange in color, as opposed to the usual grey, it’ll stand out as Halloween themed immediately. And it even has a big, black handle to make the Package resemble a candy-carrying basket.
How to spawn a Scare Package – Multiplayer
With a Scorestreak required to even get access to a Care Package, this is already not that straightforward a challenge. To make matters worse, calling the Care Package into a Multiplayer game apparently won’t guarantee you a Scare Package – there is a chance it could arrive as a Scare Package. That’s right, even if you get to call a Care Package in, it might not even count towards the challenge anyway. This has caused quite a bit of frustration within the community, so we can hope the odds may be increased if too many people struggle to complete the challenge.
Scare Packages – Zombies
There is an easier alternative, though. Since you can also complete this challenge in Zombies, you might find the challenge reward easier to obtain by jumping into a couple of Zombies matches. This is because the Scare Packages simply spawn randomly into the Zombies map – no Scorestreak, no RNG.
Where to open 5 Scare Packages – Rewards
When you do finally locate and open 5 of the Halloween-specific Care Packages, you will be rewarded with a Slash-O-Lantern sticker. Most of the rewards for the The Haunting challenges are cosmetic, but will give you a chance to show off your skill.
The Haunting Challenges – COD Black Ops: Cold War
The eight remaining challenges and rewards in Cold War are as follows;
- Play and complete 5 matches in Multiplayer or Zombies The Haunting event playlists
- Blasting Lantern blueprint
- Get 200 Multiplayer eliminations in the Nuketown Halloween 24/7 playlist or smash pumpkin heads in Zombies
- Finish Top 3 in Scream Deathmatch or successfully exfil in Hallows’ Eve Outbreak
- Get 30 Multiplayer eliminations in Infected or eliminate Special or Elite enemies in Zombies
- Get 10 Melee Weapon kills in Multiplayer or earn Butcher medals in Zombies (5 rapid melee kills)
- Get 50 Eliminations while using the Ghost perk in Multiplayer or kill enemies while cloaked in the Aether Shroud in Zombies
- Jack’s Revenge animated calling card
- Get 5 Multiplayer kills with fire damage or earn fire damage multi-kill medals in Zombies
- Get 3 Multiplayer kills with dying 3 times or earn Carnage medals in Zombies (10 rapid kills)
- Keystone Capers arcade game
The Haunting Challenges – Call of Duty Warzone
- Play 5 matches in The Ghosts of Verdansk playlist
- Place Top 10 final with your Squad in The Ghosts of Verdansk 3 times
- Eliminate 10 enemy Ghosts in The Ghosts of Verdansk
- Eliminate 10 enemy Humans while playing as your Operator in The Ghosts of Verdansk playlist
- Final Summons animated emblem
- Eliminate 5 enemy Humans while playing as a Ghost in The Ghosts of Verdansk playlist
- As a Ghost, redeploy as your Operator by collecting 3 souls or performing a Finishing Move on a standing, crouching, or prone Human enemy
- Use 3 Scared Ground locations to reduce your Fear Meter in The Ghosts of Verdansk playlist
- Answer 3 phones in The Ghosts of Verdansk playlist
- Experience 3 Hallucinations while you have a full Fear Meter in The Ghosts of Verdansk playlist
Find out about everything that’s happening in the Call of Duty Warzone and Cold War Halloween event The Haunting at callofduty.com.