Last Updated: November 18, 2021
Various Valorant players are encountering a mildly annoying error code 128 which is putting an unwanted stop on their gaming sessions. And if you’re here, then you probably are too! So let’s get right to it, how to fix error code 128 in Valorant!
Error Code 128 in Valorant is a common error triggered when the Windows or other 3rd Party program stops the Vanguard or when it conflicts with Program’s service VGC. “Vanguard Not Initialized” will usually pop up on screen when you encounter the error. If you are playing the game for the first time and seeing this message, you have to reboot the system to continue gaming.
If the error message is frequent, then it’s likely you’ve got a problem with your drivers. As it is clear that the Error 128 Valorant is due to the game’s anti-cheat system called Vanguard, the solutions will revolve around this system. If you’re still encountering this error, then here’s a possible fixe:
Perform Clean Windows Boot
This is the most common and effective way to fix this error. Meaning you can hope right back into your regularly scheduled gaming sessions!
- Press the Window Key and R and type “msconfig,” and enter
- Tab on the Service bar and check the “Hide All Microsoft Services and enter
- Check on the “Disable all Button”
- Click on the startup tab and open the “Task Manager” window
- Disable all “Windows Startup Task”
- Reseat the PC and launch the game to see if the error is fixed
If this didn’t work, then it might be worth reinstalling. If it still doesn’t work, then leave a comment and we’ll try and solve the problem for you!