With more than 494,000 total votes cast for 216 entrants during the nomination phase of the 2021 America’s Main Streets “Road to Recovery” contest, Independent We Stand announces the quarterfinalists and the start of the next phase. The goal of the contest is to draw attention to the small businesses that line American’s Main Streets, which function as community pillars, bringing residents together during a time when many have been apart. The economic vitality of our Main Streets is one way we will continue the “Road to Recovery” in response to the COVID-19 pandemic.
Rooted as a movement of independent business owners across the country, Independent We Stand invites the public to vote now to help one of these deserving quarterfinalists get another step closer to winning a $25,000 grand prize.
Semifinalist online voting begins November 15 and runs through December 12, 2021. The winner of the “America’s Main Streets” contest will be announced December 20, 2021, with a “Show Your Main Streets Some Love” celebration scheduled for some time around Valentine’s Day, in February 2022.
The 2021 quarterfinalists in alphabetical order are:
- Beardstown Illinois, Beardstown, IL
- Brooksville Main Street, Orlando, FL
- Cambridge Main Street, Cambridge, OH
- Clovis MainStreet, Clovis, NM
- Downtown Canton, Canton, GA
- Downtown Hudson, Hudson, MA
- Downtown Jeffersonville, Jeffersonville, IN
- Eatonton Main Street, Eatonton, GA
- Elizabeth City Downtown, Elizabeth City, NC
- Fort Payne Main Street, Fort Payne, AL
- Historic Downtown Mount Airy, Mount Airy, NC
- Hope Downtown Network, Hope, AR
- Jacksonville Main Street, Jacksonville, IL
- LaBelle Downtown Revitalization Corporation, LaBelle, FL
- Main & Broad Streets, Lititz, PA
- Main Street Altus, Altus, OK
- Main Street Enterprise, Enterprise, AL
- Main Street Hayward, Hayward, WI
- Main Street Homer, Homer, LA
- Main Street Monroe, Monroe, WI
- Main Street Osborne, Osborne, KS
- Make it Maryville, Maryville, MO
- Norton Business District, Norton, KS
- Texarkana USA Amtrak Station Exterior and Platform Area, Texarkana, TX
- Washington Avenue, Navasota, TX
To vote online for quarterfinalists in the “America’s Main Streets” contest, visit MainStreetContest.com.
- Nov. 15 to Dec. 12, 2021: Semifinalist voting
- Dec. 20, 2021: America’s Main Streets “Road to Recovery” winner announced
- Feb. 2022: “Show Your Main Streets Some Love” event; America’s Main Streets “Road to Recovery” winner announces plans for $25,000 grand prize
Additional contest prizes include:
- STIHL Equipment Certificate for $1,000 worth of STIHL equipment good at any STIHL Dealer in the U.S.
- Do it Best Corp. $500 shopping spree
- tmbr Flooring $500 shopping spree
- Nationwide Marketing Group $500 shopping spree
- Public relations and social media recognition
- A special plaque for the winner to proudly display
Presenting Contest Sponsor:
STIHL Inc., America’s number-one selling brand of gasoline-powered handheld outdoor power equipment*, is the founding sponsor of Independent We Stand and the presenting sponsor of America’s Main Streets contest. The company follows a unique distribution strategy in the handheld outdoor power equipment industry, choosing never to sell products at big box stores, but instead remaining loyal to its 10,000+ authorized local STIHL Dealers nationwide.
Supporting Contest Sponsors:
About Independent We Stand
Independent We Stand is a nationwide movement of independent small business owners whose mission is to inspire other small business owners to better understand and celebrate their locally owned status while educating consumers about the importance and strong economic benefits of supporting them. The Independent We Stand movement is sponsored by STIHL Inc. STIHL products are sold through more than 10,000 authorized local STIHL Dealers from coast to coast – not big box stores. Associate sponsors include North American Hardware and Paint Association, Nationwide Marketing Group, Do it Best Corp. and tmbr Flooring.
*”Number one selling brand” is based on syndicated Irwin Broh Research as well as independent consumer research of 2009-2020 U.S. sales and market share data for the gasoline-powered handheld outdoor power equipment category combined sales to consumers and commercial landscapers.
Furniture Industry News and in depth magazine articles for the furniture retail, furniture manufacturers, and furniture distributors.
Read other articles by Nic Ledoux