It’s nearly the end of 2021, and it’s been a doozy, hasn’t it? We’ve still been warding off Covid-19, we’ve been slowly reintroduced to society (for better or for worse). But in terms of Pokemon Go, it’s still been a pretty great year, at least. We’ve had some new Pokemon releases, plenty of raids to get our hands on our favourite legendaries. But it’s the end of the year now, and we’re coming up to our final community day of the year.
So as the December Community nears, we’ll run you through a quick reminder how it’ll work. The December community day isn’t the same as all the previous others. As we won’t have a single Pokemon in the spotlight, instead we’ll be seeing all the previous faces from the last Community days from the past year.
The December Community day takes place on two days, the weekend of the 18th and 19th! Both start at 11:00AM and end at 5:00PM
But don’t forget all the various special bonuses you’ll get as part of the community day:
- Incense activated during the event will last for three hours
- Lure Modules activated during the event will last for three hours
- 1/2 Hatch Distance when Eggs are placed in an Incubator during the event
From December 17th, 2021 at 10:00 a.m. PST (GMT -8) to December 20th, 2021 10:00 a.m. PST (GMT -8).
To celebrate the last Community Day event of the year, two additional bonuses will be available all weekend.
- 25% reduced stardust cost for trades
- 1 extra special trade per day
Pokémon Storage and Item Bag Cap Increase
To help you prepare for the biggest Community Day event of the year, the maximum amount that the Pokémon storage and Item Bag can be expanded to will be increased! Be sure to purchase Item Bag and Pokémon Storage expansions from the shop so you can stock up on Poké Balls and store all the Pokémon you’ll catch during December Community Day!
- Pokémon Storage Expansion Cap: 5,000 -> 5,500
- Item Bag Expansion Cap: 4,000 -> 4,500
This change will go into effect on Thursday, December 16, 2021 at 1:00 p.m. PST (GMT -8).
Here are the special Pokemon you’ll be seeing throughout the day!
Appearing more frequently on Saturday, December 18th
FletchlingAppearing more frequently on Sunday, December 19th
If you’re lucky, you might encounter a Shiny one!
There will also be a change in eggs this community day, when you get your 2KM eggs, you’ll get a chance to hatch one of 2020’s community day Pokemon!
If you’re lucky, you might encounter a Shiny one
Special Research Story: December Community Day 2021
- For US$1.00 (or the equivalent pricing tier in your local currency), you’ll be able to access the December Community Day–exclusive Special Research story, December Community Day 2021.
- Stay tuned for when tickets for the December Community Day 2021 Special Research story go live!
There you have it! What to expect from this year’s Community Day!