Vazen has rounded out its full frame anamorphic lens set with a new 135mm T2.8 1.8x cinema prime lens. The lens completes a family of three that also includes a 50mm T2.8 and 85mm T2.8, as well.
All three lenses are designed specifically to take advantage of the anamorphic 1.8x “squeeze” and when paired with a 4:3 image sensor, produce a 2.39 to 1 aspect ratio. When paired up with 16:9 sensors, the lenses prevent much less data from being cropped away and still maintain that 2.39:1 ratio.
The lens has has a compact anamorphic lens design that Vazen claims is one of the sharpest FF anamorphic lens on the market. Today. It is designed for open gate large format cameras like the RED MONSTRO and ARRI ALEXA LF, but also supports the RED V-Raptor, Kinefinity Mavo LF and Z-cam E2-F8.
The Vazen 135mm T2.8 has an 86mm front filter thread and the same focusing and iris control layout as the 85mm variety, making on-set lens changes faster and easier to coordinate.
Check out the lens in action:
- Pronounced 1.8x anamorphic squeeze
- Cinematic widescreen 2:39:1 aspect ratio with 4:3 sensor
- User-interchangeable PL and Canon EF mounts
- Compatible with the ALEXA Mini LF and the RED MONSTRO 8K
- Enhanced blue flares, bokeh, and other aberrations
- Covers full-frame and open-gate sensors
- 3.8′ minimum focus distance
- Relatively lightweight, compact form factor
- 95mm front diameter
Pricing and availability
As part of a three-lens set, the Vazen 135mm T2.8 1.8X Anamorphic Lens is available now and will cost $20,000 for the set, or $8,000 piecemeal.