VILTROX recently launched an Indiegogo crowdfunding campaign for its new 13mm f/1.4 ultra-wide-angle lens. This autofocus lens was first launched earlier this year for FUJIFILM X-Mount mirrorless cameras, but it’ll now be available for Sony E and Nikon Z APS-C mirrorless cameras. So let’s take a closer look at it!
Chinese manufacturer VILTROX is well-known for creating affordable lens mount adapters, like their Canon EF to RF cine focal reducer. Also, the company has a wide range of lenses with an excellent price-quality ratio, as many will remember their E-Mount Cine Lenses for APS-C mirrorless cameras.
VILTROX is now back with a new version of its ultra-wide-angle 13mm f/1.4 APS-C lens, with new Sony E and Nikon Z lens mounts.
VILTROX 13mm f/1.4: features
First, let’s get it out of the way: the lens design, features, and specifications are similar between the X-mount version – you can read our in-depth news article here – and these two new Sony/Nikon lenses.
In a nutshell, here are all the main specifications of the VILTROX 13mm f/1.4 lens:
- Weight: only 0.92lbs/420g for the Sony E-mount version and 1lbs/455g for the Nikon Z-mount version.
- Length and diameter: 90 x 74mm
- Autofocus: internal STM focus motor compatible with subject tracking in video mode. The lens focuses internally, so it won’t extend/retract as you change focus.
- Dust-proof design.
- The lens design consists of 14 elements in 11 groups.
- Aperture diaphragm: 9 aperture blades.
- Front filter thread: 67mm.
- Minimum focusing distance: 22cm/8.66in
Price and availability
The VILTROX 13mm f/1.4 for Sony E and Nikon Z mirrorless cameras is available for preorder now on Indiegogo, starting at $300.00. All perks should begin shipping in July 2022.
For more information and back this project, please visit VILTROX’s crowdfunding campaign here.
What do you think about this new VILTROX ultra-wide-angle option? Do you consider getting one for yourself? Don’t hesitate to let us know in the comments down below!